ANAM CARA is a voluntary organisation, aimed at helping women who are experiencing hardship in their life, whether it be now or previously.
We help those who experience things such as low self-worth or low self-esteem, are using unhealthy coping mechanisms such as alcohol, drugs, food and social media, are stuck in an unfortunate situation or unable to move forward from a difficult experience.
By donating you will enable us to;
- Continually provide a safe setting for women who need help.
- Provide food and refreshments at our get togethers with at risk ladies.
- Keep up our Peer Mentoring Service, keeping ladies on the right track.
- Design and develop substantial workbooks for women to keep for reflection and revision.
- Continue and develop our Befriending Service. This service was newly formed during lockdown and became a roaring success with a waiting list for a place and although we had some funding to train volunteers, we are currently running a skeleton service.
- Provide help for those who are looking to move forward with their lives following difficult experiences such as domestic abuse, alcohol and drug misuse to name a few.